July 24, 2007
Chapter two of my new book,
HELP! A Bear Is Eating Me!
is now available in audio form for your podcasting pleasure! All you have to do is subscribe to the podcast RSS feed here:
or else stuff this mp3 file directly up your file-hole:
Or, if you are on of my many audiophile friends, you might find that this AAC-encoded version is more ‘pro’:
Hooray for ones and zeroes!
And now, I’d like to introduce a new department of “those e-mails I keep sending you.” It’s called:
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!
QUESTION NUMBER ONE:
Q: Dear Mykle: I tried to open the podcast link you sent me, but the can-opener made marks all over the screen of my laptop and I still don’t hear anything. Then I ate the can opener. Now I feel all funny. Please help.
A: Dear Stupid Person: the “podcast RSS feed link”, at the top of this message — the one that starts with “http” and ends with “xml” — is very dangerous and not for human consumption. Here’s how to use it:
1) Open iTunes (or some other podcast-subscribing software.)
2) Under the Advanced menu (or some other menu in your other software), choose “Subscribe To Podcast” (or some other menu choice.)
3) Paste the link right into the box marked URL, and click ‘OK’. (or, do some other thing.) Here’s that link again:
4) Now you are subscribed! iTunes will download the episodes and put them on your iPod the next time you sync.
5) No? Not subscribed? Computer burst into flames instead? It’s okay, these things happen. Please drop me a line and
describe the unfolding tragedy, and I will help as best I can.
QUESTION NUMBER TWO:
Q: Dear Mykle: I searched for your name and the name of your book in iTunes and they don’t show up. You are a big fat liar. There is no podcast, there is no ‘novel’ — you are just playing with my emotions! I hate you.
A: Baby, come back! It’s there! Apple says that it’ll take a while before my podcast is ‘searchable’ and my killer album art shows up on the iTunes store screen. How long, I don’t know. (It’s been a week and I’m starting to worry.) But you *can* subscribe, using the above instructions.
BUT ALSO! Apple sent me a special link, which you can enter on a Mac to make everything happen magically. However, the link is really long and is going to break in half when i mail it to you (also thanks to Apple!) Ready? Here it comes:
Did that work? No? Probably it broke in half. I hate that. But here comes TinyURL to the rescue! Try this one:
Did that work? Seriously, I have no idea. Please tell me if that worked. I need to know.
Anyway, enough questions. Enjoy, and watch out for bears.